In an initiative the city police have come up with public safety measures for the betterment of the society. The city cops have laid down some important precautions that need to be observed while travelling or walking down the streets. If we observe the following safety measures we could safeguard ourselves from petty crimes:
1. Cover all your ornaments/ jewellery with saree or dupatta in potentially unsafe localities.
2. Walk on foot path or at the corner of the road.
3. If you are with your wife, then ensure that your wife walks on the footpath side.
Vehicle Safety Measures:
1. Always install automatic safety lock in your vehicles.
2. If possible park your vehicles only in Pay & Park area for safety.
3. If you find any unknown vehicle parked in the vicinity of your society for a long time, inform your nearest police station.
4. Many a times, strangers try to divert and distract your attention by spitting on your shirt or saying that your cash or something has fallen down. Once your attention is diverted they pick up your bag /mobile / laptop from the car and pass on to another person who flees with your belongings.
Bag /Wallet/Mobile Lifting:
1. Hold your money bag/mobile and other baggage securely in front of you and be watchful of suspicious elements if you are walking on the road.
2. While travelling in rickshaw keep belongings close to you and not near the gate side of the rickshaw.
3. Don’t use plastic bag to carry cash. If you become a victim of snatching, then make sure you alert the public by calling out ‘chorchor.’
4. While withdrawing huge sum of money from the bank, always escort a close and reliable person with you.
5. When depositing cash in the bank fill up the slip book in advance and during banking transactions seek help only from bank officials.
1. Make sure that the safety locks and latches are properly locked. Ensure that all cupboards are safely locked before you leave the house.
2. Request your neighbor to keep a watch on your house if you are away for a long period.
3. Don’t put your cash/ jewellery in the cupboard in the presence of your servants/ outsiders or strangers.
4. Don’t disclose or discuss any financial matter in the presence of servants / outsiders / strangers / carpenter / plumber / watchman etc. It is most risky.
5. Keep your surplus cash / jewellery / valuables in bank locker.
6. Install cctv cameras in your society.
7. Employ servant / watchman only after verification of their records from police station. Also keep full details of the workers like carpenters / plumber / civil contractors with identity cards.
1. If a person introduces himself as a crime branch / police officer threatening you on any ground and takes you at the side of the road, don’t trust such person and don’t get intimidated, but with the help of public bring him to police station.
2. At times imposters pose as police officers especially with senior citizens and ask them to remove their ornaments. Beware of them and get them arrested.
3. Don’t be intimidated by the so called Bhai’s and Dada’s of the area or group. Keep your cool and get them arrested by the police.
1. Never share your credit card information or disclose your PIN / O.T.P. to any stranger or caller.
2. Some callers or emails will tempt you with lottery/ reward points and then will collect your credit card information. Don’t fall victim to such call or emails.
3. Do not operate the ATM machine in presence of any outsider.
4. Be careful during e-shopping / online shopping.
5. If there is a technical fault in ATM machine then don’t press your password key button repeatedly instead go to another ATM machine.
6. Beware of Facebook /email / website hackers.